How do you book?
Please contact us for rates, we have endeavoured to include as much value wherever possible without breaking the budget. We will only be too happy to customise your trail and there are a variety of options to choose from. The best way to do this is to drop us a line, discuss your ultimate adventure slack-packing trail with how ever many in your party and then let us take it from there.
The packages includes all guides and entry fees, all freshly prepared meals, soft drinks, water, beers, wine and some hard tack (within reason & if you have a special bottle of something you would like to bring, by all means please bring it), 1 turtle walk (seasonal) and a second walk optional, Kosi boat trip, ocean safari, masks & snorkels and pretty much everything besides gratuities. Feel free to bring a bit of cash if you would like a bit of spending money to buy a cold quart or support the local crafters.
Add on's can include Ezemvelo Golden Rhino (R350 & valid for a year) if you don't already have one or specialist guides.
Trails starting from R9750 pp sharing for the 2022/2023 season, based on 10 pax. We take a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 14.
Price from Oct 2023: R10750 pp sharing.
Good to know...
Please contact us for pricing and dates. For now, we are limited to groups of 15 max.
-We're flexible here, let's chat to check availability of guides and size of the group.
-Ezemvelo Rhino cards are excluded, this has to be purchased through Ezemvelo directly.
-Compulsory community levy's are included in the price.
- All meals included are freshly prepared. Please contact us if you would like Damien to be on your trail in person at an extra cost.
- Please advise if there are special dietary requirements.
Drinks & Water
- All drinks at the camps will be provided. There will be a selection of soft drinks, beers, wine and limited hard tack.
- Spring water will be provided and it will be your responsibility to fill your bottle each morning.
- Soda stream machine available for sparkling water.
- Bring your own water bottle, a 1 litre bottle as a minimum.
- All accommodation is provided, twin sharing. All 4 evenings are in twin rooms with shared bathrooms.
- Towels are provided but we advise to bring a light towel or sarong for the days walk.
- The trail is not a particularly challenging one for the seasoned trailer but it does require some level of fitness, the fitter you are the more you will enjoy it! We have had grand parents of over 80 walking with grand kids of 9. There are regular bail out points if for any reason, you have had enough walking for the day.
- There has been much debate around this and it comes down to personal preferences. There is no single shoe that suits the trail. We have walked the entire trail barefoot or with slops, with only the odd Acacia thorn being an issue, but light shoes that can dry quickly and a pair of slops is optimal in our opinion.
What to bring
-Light day pack with your essentials, keep it light & practical as to not weight yourself down.
-What not to bring - is a huge bag with a whole lot of stuff you don't need. Bring it back to the basics and just bring a few changes of clothes and a towel or two.
-The sun is a real thing here in Summer in Thongaland, so a hat, maybe a buff & long sleeve shirt in Summer. A light windbreak is highly recommended in your day pack.
- Share sunscreen and insect-repellent with your fellow hikers to avoid carrying 10 bottles.
- Don't bring any valuables that you will worry about, it's better for us, and you:)